Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sugar coma

Today was our gift exchange/eat ourselves into a sugar coma day at work.  Let me tell you how we roll.  We draw names & keep it secret.  We have a gift list that we use to write down things we would like to have that cost $30 or under.   Now, if you notice on my list, there's nothing that says anything about wanting stuff to cook with.  Yuck....
Nancy is getting ready to retire.  Lucky duck...  Her last day is the end of this year.  The boys took a camo helmet from the showroom & wrapped it for her as a going away present.  You can tell from the picture Nancy is a crazy chick.  She's goofy & silly but we all love her.
The official Christmas gift list lives in Nancy's desk.  Her soul purpose for living is to try & figure out who each of us have based on the way we look at that list or what we say whilst looking at the list.  We all knew from the day we drew that Nancy had me.  She's not very good at bluffing.  We knew her Lion's club was doing a fundraiser for the "That's My Pan" stuff.  Have ya'll heard of it?  They do personalized cake pans, etc.  A couple of years ago she got Lora one for Christmas that said, "From the Kitchen of Lora" or something along those lines on it.  Nancy asked me what my favorite color was of these three:  Blue, Green or Burgundy.   And she asked no one else.  Uh oh...I'm getting a baking pan... greaaaaat.  

It became a big joke amongst us girls.  So today during the sugar coma party, Nancy walks in with this:
This is bull shit, people.  Nancy wraps beautiful gifts.  I mean, she's like a professional wrapper with bows & everything.  And I said to her, "Really, Nancy?  Your last year here & you give me MY gift in a paper bag?" 
Since this was her last year we made her write down her predictions like Nostradamus.  We went right down the line.  Please notice the fancy pants writing "Lora -> Nancy".  That means she thought Lora had her.  Also please notice my writing above "really had Nicki".  That's who the person actually had.  
The only one she got right was herself.  
And please notice whose name comes after 'Nancy -> ....'
She handed me the bullshit paper bag & buried under mountains of tissue paper was this:  
a beautifully wrapped PURPLE package with a cheetah bow.  Then I had to apologize.  Hmph.
 But, she did not disappoint... I did - in fact, get a pan for baking...& when I read the top, I busted out laughing:
 After gifts is was the time we'd all been waiting for.  Dessert time, baby. 
 Ya'll know I love me some sweets.  But this is even too much for me.  And we do it to ourselves every.single.year.  Eh, ya gotta die of something - drifting into a sugar coma is a good way to go...

4 comments:

ginmommy said...

That pan is awesome! I love it! I also love that she fooled you like that, too funny! Oh, and I agree, a sugar coma is THE way to go!!

Tracey said...

Love me a sugar coma. I LOVE that pan!!!!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

THAT PAN IS GREAT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! :)

Jami said...

Those chocolate things in the lower portion of the picture look fab. Love the pan too.