Wednesday, December 21, 2011

'Tis the Season...

The blog off topic this installment is Christmas cards.  To send or not to send?  

Currently I do not send out Christmas cards.  I just don't see the point.  I send you a card, you send me a card.    There are no personal messages in these cards.  They are just signed & cranked out.  Very impersonal.    (This is NOT to be confused with my stance on Thank you notes...)  I used to send cards every year & I stopped the last couple of years.  They're expensive & postage is ridiculous.  

I've noticed the last few years that I don't receive as many cards either.  I attribute this to one of two reasons:
#1-I don't get a card from them because I don't send them one.
#2-They are cheap like me & don't send cards anymore...

With all that being said, I really enjoy getting the Christmas cards with pictures on them!  I love putting them on my fridge & looking at the one from last year to watch as the family grows or grows up.  Fun stuff!

Maybe I should do a picture card of me, B-rad & whatever pets we have hanging around at the time?!

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

You should do a posed picture with your pets, that would be pretty funny actually....

Jami said...

Glad to see you don't dislike those nice picture cards. You and your animals of you and B-rad would be awesome. You should send cards out with pictures of you and Brad on your electronic devices.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Jaime Mac. What are we going to do with you? You and I are total opposite. I LOVE Christmas cards and HATE thank you notes! ha ha!