Once again, some time has passed since I have blogged. Sigh...
B-rad got done harvesting (I think I told you that) & now he comes home most evenings & just hangs out at home. Last week I had the 2 new jewelers training shows & then one of my own. Busy, busy, busy...
This past weekend was my renewal show/open house. I was a little disappointed in the turn out. Let me just say though that I am very grateful for those of you that came! This year, I wanted to test my theory about people that live in town refusing to drive to the country. I've decided I was right! (Are you shocked?!). I did have a few ladies rsvp saying they had other plans & that's completely understandable. But let me give ya some cold hard facts: Last year my renewal show was in New Albany. I had 16 people come. This year it was in the country - I had 5. So, I will have to do some thinking about what I will do for next year.
I didn't take any pictures at the facility, but I have these pics I took at home. This was my sassy purple 'pick your discount' tree. I let everyone pick a box & inside was either 15, 20 or 30% off their entire order.

I also had this little tree with stockings I got from the Dollar store for $.75. Cha-ching. Inside they had a special incentive for anyone who wanted to schedule a jewelry show of their own...
Look at me being crafty...
Side note- the facility where I had the open house was also being used that day for a funeral dinner. I had already rented the upstairs (which is nice & finished) so they had to rent the downstairs (which is not finished...) I knew some of the family that was going to be down there. The whole time I was there, people kept coming upstairs to use the oven or wash utensils. The biggest draw was that the bathroom is up there. When people walked in the door that I didn't know I would say, 'Hi! Are you looking for the restroom?' I was quite the bejeweled navigator.
So the day was winding down & I heard the door open...again... I peeked my head around the corner to say, "the bathroom is right there" & I recognized this person. It was B-rad's cousin Derek's wife, Khirstin! I said, "What are you doing here?!" Then I was like 'duh!' It was her dad's sister that died & they were having the dinner downstairs. (Told ya I knew the family that was having the dinner...I was just slow with the math.) She said, "yea, they said Jaime McAfee was upstairs & I remembered today was your open house!" She came all the way from Pennsylvania...just for me...! (Ok-not really, but that's what I'M choosing to believe!) We chatted for a few minutes & she said Derek was downstairs too so I told her he better come up & say hi! It was really good to see them!
The motorcycle gang boys were going to have a game night Saturday night. It was going to be at Brian & Shauna's. You know, where the boys act like their 13 years old? Playing games, screaming at the tv, burping & farting... Can you see all the tv's? This is serious business...
The girls planned a 'girls night' to get us out of the house while the boys were playing. Eventually, most the girls cancelled & it was just Shauna, myself & 1 other girl. Shauna had come to my open house & even helped me carry everything back to my car, followed me home & helped me take it all inside. That was awesome. Her & I just left from my house & went in town to shop for awhile before dinner. We got back to the house around 10:30 (we were exhausted...). We hung out (& made fun of) the boys for a bit & then we hung out upstairs. The original plan was for us to stay the night, but I really wanted to go home & sleep (in) in my own bed. We left their house around 4:30AM. Yawn.
On Sunday we had B-rad's grandparents 65th anniversary par-tay. We visited with everyone for about an hour & then we had to leave. We stopped at one of the new jewelers houses so I could help her close out her training show. We got back home around 7 & watched a movie. We rarely watch movies. We always have a full dvr...
Last night was the first night in a while that I just got to go home... & do nothing. Well, I had to get ready for my show on Wednesday but I was still able to take a nap. Heaven.
I've decided I'm going to try & do better about blogging even if I don't have pictures. Sometimes I'm not in a picture taking mood therefore I feel like I have nothing to blog about. However, I've decided that I can use my words to paint an elaborate enough picture for you. Prepare yourselves...

2 comments:
You know if I didn't have plans I would have tried to come. I would most likely have gotten lost, but I would have tried.
YES! We want to hear from you! Shame on you for not wanting to take pics all the time though! Even if you only snap one, we like pics!
Post a Comment