Saturday, August 28, 2010

Brady turns 14!

Last night we went to dinner for Brady's birthday. You may be getting the feeling of de ja vu about this birthday thing. Yes - we have been celebrating a lotta birthdays lately! Cole is June 28th. Madelyn is July 12th. Derik is August 14th. Brady is August 27th THEN Erin will be September 2nd. Shew - we are some birthday havin' people!

We went to Beef o Brady's for dinner. Ahhhhh, family bonding.... who needs to talk when you have FREE wi-fi?! Erin & the girls are home for the shower. Payton & Erin sat at the end by me. Payton dropped this lid about 10 times before I told her I wasn't picking it up again. And I didn't. I'm a hard a** like that. Don't judge - I know what game she was playin'...
Watching a youtube video on B-rad's phone. Gotta love that wi-fi!
Cole begged me to tell him what I got Brady for this birthday. Nu uh, I know Cole has a very big mouth. But do you see how he's laying it on REAL thick? Hugging me & whispering in my ear. The kids good, I'll give him that. But I am a ninja. I am completely immune to his affections.
Cole had been the 'baby' of the family until Madelyn came along. And lets just say he has issues with attention. He wants it all. And he doesn't like it when he doesn't get it. And Brady had friends there last night & Cole was all about talking to them & trying to eat their food. Then we put some of our finished baskets on another table & Cole knocked them over. And it was so funny watching him picking everything up trying to be soooo quiet so he wouldn't be noticed so perhaps he wouldn't get in trouble!
Madelyn was all about watching Grammy getting the cake all ready!
Uhm, we had to tell the boys to get off of their phones so we could sing. Lora made an announcement, " OK-put down ALL electronic devices!"
Ready for a piece of cake!
Happy Birthday to you!
Notice who was right there next to the birthday boy?!
Uhm, still right there...
Then Cole wanted to hand out all the pieces of cake...
And then he got pissed when someone just took their piece of cake & did not allow him to hand it to them. I'm super disappointed that I didn't get his face right before this. It was full on mouth open & eyes clamped shut crying...
I was really excited about Brady's gift! It was a Case 2590 toy tractor.
We bought it all the way back in January. There is a farm toy show in Clarksville in January. And normally we don't go to that kind of thing but it just so happened we were going to Lousiville to pick up our new couches & I heard about it that morning on tv. So I convinced B-rad to stop there on our way home 'just to see what they had'. B-rad has a few 'toy' tractors on the entertainment center. I bought him a model one year for Christmas, Lora got him a combine like ours one year for Christmas & then last year I got him a Kinze planter like ours. I realize it sounds 'campy' saying 'toys', but these are collectible items. Not really to be played with.
Last year we bought a real Case 2590 tractor for the farm. And Brady's been helping the boys on the farm & they've kind of dubbed it 'Brady's tractor'. As we walked around the show, I got the idea of trying to find a toy 2590 for Brady because he has always like B-rad's collection & he's getting older & to the point where he can appreciate the fact that it's not a toy. When I suggested getting Brady one for his birthday, B-rad said, "Yea - I'd like to have one too!" Sigh...
So there were 2 2590's at the whole show. And we bought them both. Of course, I haggled with them to talk them down. Hey, that's how I roll. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. These toy tractors are from the 1970's so they are not in pristine condition. The paint is chipped in some places but that's just what you get when you're buying collectibles!
Brady really seemed to like the gift which you know I like that. He's really into the 'farming thang' right now. He's been buying tractor belt buckles on ebay lately so I figured he'd like the tractor! Below is his pic with the REAL tractor at the farm!
Get ready, Erin's birthday will be next & I am also super excited about her gift! However, I had a dream last night that when she opened it, she was just like, "Oh...uhm....ok. Cool. Thanks!" Oh no...hope that wasn't a premonition...

4 comments:

Granny G said...

Happy Birthday Brady!! Lov ya!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

LOVE all the electronic devices!!!!!

Robin G. said...

Happy Birthda Brady! I really hope his birthday was wonderful, I think Kaitlyn told me about 10 times that it was his birthday!

Lora said...

We have alot fun too!! Glad you could make it!!