Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm reaching, I know...

I went to the grocery last night. I hate the grocery! I go in to New Albany to Kroger. Now, you may ask why I do this when there's a Wal-Mart 20 minutes away? I HATE Wal-mart. Loathe it. CanNOT stand it! I used to go there & it just got too ridiculous w/ the long wait in lines when there's only 3 registers open & they have like 30. So now I trek my happy butt to New Albany. I go to Target to get toiletries & stuff like that & then I head across the street to Kroger. Normally they're pretty good about not making me wait in line. However, last night, this is what I had to deal w/.

So I picked the lesser of all the evils. I was waiting patiently (hmph!) 3 deep in line playing w/ my Blackberry (I LOVE that thing! & it takes good pics, no?!) when I heard a voice, "Ma'am, I can help you right here!" Aaahhh, I heard angels singing & a bright white light! YES! I was movin' on up.
Then, the really bad news. My total. Now, I would like you to notice the items on the screen. Kroger brand. Hey, there's no shame in my game. I buy Kroger brand. I admit it. But I must say, there are some things that just aren't the same. And the even better news is I had coupons & lots of 'em. $26 in total! Yeah for me! Kroger does this cool thing where they send you coupons based on what you buy. Which is great because I don't clip coupons for stuff I don't buy. Plus, if you're really special, they'll also include a "$16 off if you spend $160 in one transaction" & had one of those last night!

Here they are in all their glory in the back of my car. Doesn't seem like $200, but what-eva!

1 comment:

danraymac said...

you should just trek a little further to meijer. much better pricing and the lines generally are not long. plus you can check yourself out if you really want to. sometimes quicker, and you get to bag them (i'm picky about the bagging of my groceries).