Saturday, June 20, 2015

Current events

Every few months so often I get an itch for a new cell phone case.  I don't know WHY... I get bored w/ the same case all the time which is really stupid because I don't even SEE the case... details schmetails.  I went back to an old case (which I knew would never satisfy my 'I need a new cell phone case urge' but I wanted to put it off for a bit while I decided what I wanted.)  It was silver glitter.
 I ended up finding a case I liked on Etsy (I just realized I never took a picture of it...for shame for shame.) but I did NOT like it on my phone.  I like to get the mid level tough cases that offer a little protection.  I don't need full-on able to survive a nuclear attack but I do like a bit of drop protection.  Most the cases I get come w/ what I like to refer to as a 'condom'.  It has the black bumper thingie that goes around your phone for added protection.  GET IT?

ANYWAY-the case from Etsy came &  I hated how it looked on my phone.  
(Yes, the poor little girl didn't like how the cell phone case made her $800 phone look.)    It was like TOO bulky for my phone.  The bumper piece was like a hard plastic rounded bumper not a thin, rubber bumper.  The pic is from Etsy & don't let it fool you.  This looks awesome...the too tough  of a case I got - not awesome.

I knew that would never do so I started a new search far & wide on the vast regions of the internet for a new case.  I looked on Amazon & I found a section on the bottom of the page that showed 'items from third parties'.  I am always leery of stuff from third parties because you don't know if your computer will get a virus (well I won't because I have a Mac, but you other people out there - be wary of third parties...) or if you will get ripped off.  I Googled the name of the company & it looked legit.  The only word I put in the search bar was 'purple' (YES I DID) & off I went.  
I liked the looks of my glittery silver case so when I found a case called 'Purple glitter' I figured I couldn't go wrong.  I ordered the 'tough case' w/ the nice little condom around it & was excited when it arrived....
UNTIL.
I opened it & it was NOT glitter at all...it was like a cartoon of glitter...or a drawing of glitter.  I can't explain it because it looks good in the picture (like it looked good on the website) - it does NOT look good in real life.
 So I said to hell w/ that & they promise your satisfaction so I sent them an email that I was unhappy w/ the case.  They emailed me back right away & said they would refund my money AND I didn't even have to send the case back.  
(so in un-related news I have a 'Purple glitter' tough cell phone case for an iPhone 6 if anyone wants it for free.  Yes, I know I've given it a glowing review - but hey, someone may be into cartoonish, drawingish purple glitter...)

I went back to the same website (I'm either a glutton for punishment or I felt bad that they refunded my money AND let me keep the other crappy case) & did my 'purple' search again.  I scrapped the glitter idea - it's just not meant to be - & then I found it...stripes...& that was it - I was in love.
Until the next time I fall in love...

 ***

B-rad was putting down nitrogen a couple of weeks ago & stopped by the house in the tractor.  Sonny likes to go outside to eat grass & then come inside to throw it up & when I let him out he went straight to the tractor.  This thing is huge & it was running so it was loud... but Sonny didn't care...
 I didn't like it because that meant my little kitty was on the road so I walked up to be over-bearing & protect him from getting ran over by a car.
 I let him sniff around & explore for a few minutes but when he walked full on into the road I was like, "NU-UH, not happening."  I picked him up & walked him back down in the yard about 1/2 way.  When I put him back down, the little shit ran right back to the tractor & then it was game over...he had to come back inside.  I'm a hard ass like that. 

***

My newest nail design from my awesome nail people.  I am weird & only like the french tips when they're a bit more 'thick' & Tony likes to make fun of me for that.  He says, 'why you no like to do tip again?' so I searched Pinterest when he started on my nails & found something we could both agree on.  It still lets me keep a couple of the tips white but it's not so like 'small tips in your face' that I can handle it.  In the original picture the colors were black & white.  I would say what we made is a vast improvement... 

1 comment:

melanie said...

I love the purple stripe case. I am a case snob as well and very picky but I don't usually follow through and purchase a case. Looks great