Our buddies/family, Daniel & Alicia, had a bbq Friday night. It was called a "Backyard BBQ & Usbourne Book Party". Now, I dunno what Usbourne books are. If it doesn't involve Edward & Bella, I don't really care. But I DO care about bbq's & I said we.are.there!
It was really freaking hot outside. So I went inside to cool down. Now...let me tell you about the chaos inside. There were, uh, I'm gonna say 8-9 couples there. And every couple (obv other than Brad & I) had at least 1 child...under the age of 3... and in two cases, the ladies were pregnant again. I think I read on Alicia's blog there were 19 kiddos. GASP! The adults were WAY outnumbered. And please, do NOT misunderstand. The kids are GREAT kiddos. They mind their mommies & daddies. But, alas, they are children & they were loud. And Jaime couldn't take it much more....so I went outside...to sit w/ the guys...

And then the "Usbourne Book Party" began. For those of you who don't know, apparently it's like a "Pampered Chef" or "Premier Jewelry" or even a "Tupperware" party, but w/ childrens books.
So while the mommies sat inside & looked through the books...
The kids started to slowly filter outside...
Eventually they were all out there. And the men folk were taking care of the kids. These ladies have their men trained...& I like that!
After the book & pool party wound down, the guys played some cornhole.
And Brad & Daniel resurrected the "box". And they even came up w/ a new usefulness for it!
And they sat outside & drank. And talked. For-ever. I kept going, "c'mon, Brad. We gotta go...." Then they decided to play ping pong. And I tried to steal the little plastic balls, but they had a never ending supply. Then I stole the paddles, but Daniel got more out of the closet.
And like we usually do where Daniel & Alicia are concerned, we stayed too long. I must say we heart them & we don't get to get together very often so we have LOTS of catching up to do. They're busy w/ their kids, and we're busy with, well, you know...farming & motorcycles & stuff.
I was finally able to get Brad to back away from the cooler & into the car. Then he got the camera out. And, well, you see...
Thanks for having us over & accepting & loving us even though we don't have kiddos. We had a great time!
1 comment:
we're glad you came!! i love that you are yawning in the background!!
Post a Comment