It's been a little over a year since dad got hit by a truck. Yea, like he really got hit by a truck. You can read about it here if you have forgotten. Our plane from Hawaii landed at 11am on Monday, October 10th & he was hit around noon. Talk about a welcome home....
You may remember the pics from the er....
Yea, he was pretty banged up.
(by the way my nails were painted black for Halloween by ME. How much nicer are they now that I pay someone to do it?!)
After he was released from the hospital he spent a couple of weeks in rehab...
One night they let the community bring their kiddos in to trick or treat. He really acted like he enjoyed that.
Also-loyal stalkers will remember the drama that went down when he came home from rehab. He was a royal dick to me. If you've forgotten, you can read it here. There is a disclaimer at the beginning, but I will give you another one. It's quite an angry post...I was quite angry....
(have ya'll noticed a pattern here? Most the time I'm a perfectly happy, level headed kinda gal...but when I get pushed to my breaking point & get really pissed...I get REALLY pissed... can you say 'thanks dad, for the temper?' Hmph.)
If you're wondering how dad is doing after he told me how he should've DIED... He walks around town just like he did before. However, he does walk with a bit of a limp now.
His life is worth living again since it's election time. He thrives on that stuff. He has been campaigning hot & heavy for Shellie Yoder. Honestly, I have no clue WHAT she's running for. Congress, maybe? He has stickers on his truck & a sign in his yard. He tells me every.single.day he sees me , "Jaime, honey (that's what he says when he's buttering me up...) be sure & vote for Shellie Yoder'.
His proudest life achievement (no, having 2 kids is NOT it) was getting his picture taken with her when she came to the range where he shoots skeet.
The pics were on facebook (or spacebook, as he calls it) & he was the happiest I've ever seen him. He told me 9,000 times that he, "had his picture taken with Shellie Yoder. AND it's on spacebook!"
But lets be honest, she's a pretty, pretty gal. There are LOTS of pics of her on spacebook with all kinds of guys. She's working the vote, I'll give her that! I would never have MY pic taken with her though...she would take away from my awesomeness & I just can't have that.







5 comments:
Your dad calls FB, SPACEBOOK?? Please tell me that he's not serious? If he really thinks it's called that, that will make my day.
He USED to refer to it as 'spacebook'. Such as, "SPACEBOOK? What the hell is SPACEBOOK?" He does know now it's actually facebook. Either he was shamed into knowing bc we (butterfly) made fun of him, or bc Shellie Yoder told him his pic would be on that. :)
He also used to think the internet was closed on Sundays... just sayin'....
Glad to hear he is doing well.
I have a funny story about Shelly Yoder. Steve's dad is a die hard republican. When we went to a parade on Labor Day she was there. She walked up and down shaking hands. Steve's dad said, "I'll shake your hand but I'm voting for Todd". Oh my!! So embarassing.
Bahahahahahhaha!!!! Your Dad introduced her to me at the church picnic! He was sweet as sugar! LOL
AND he is waving and blowing the car horn at me again! Oh sweet election time! I was laughing about this, this week! After election he won't even act like he sees me unless it is a Sav-a-Step!
I would vote for her if I could have one of those shirts! Ha!! I do remember that post because I almost passed out looking at the pictures. ;)
Post a Comment