Thursday, June 7, 2012

A glimpse into my handbag

This installment of the blog off is about what's in our handbags.  A subject close to my heart.  It's no secret that I LOVE LOVE LOVE purses.  With alllll my heart.  Sigh.

This is the purse I'm currently (I say currently because it could change at a moments notice...) carrying... tre' chic right now with the faux crocodile print. 
UHM - bought this at Walmart...for 12 whole bucks.  S.C.O.R.E.
 This is all the stuff that's inside that purse... 
Lets break it down, shall we?!
 4 different tube of lip 'stuff'.  Overkill?  Perhaps.  I don't wanna be caught with dry lips.  The 2 on the right are open & currently in use.  I use the lip gloss when I wanna be a little bit sassy & have some shine on the ole' lips.  The blue one...has not been opened yet... it's there just in case.
 I'm really bad about throwing receipts & stuff into my purse & then eventually I get around to cleaning it out.  I just got a new Kohl's card that I need to activate...just haven't had time.  Notice the 3 Kohl's receipts?  I'm sure that helped me obtain my new 'gold card' status. 
 There's a necklace in a bag.  I was going to wear it one day...but didn't...haven't taken it out of the purse...that was 1 week ago.  Purple wallet that I bought about a year AFTER I bought the purse...at Target.  (Go figure.)  Eye drops, hair thingie, business card holder & pink pens with my name on them.
 Couple of mini catalogs...
 And, uhm, yea - my iPad.  YES, I carry my iPad everywhere with me.  YES, it's in a purple case.  Shut up.
 This little baggie with variations of purple stripes...
 It holds advil in that little red thing, a compact, hand sanitzer, mints, another hair thingie & most importantly eyeliner!
 THIS thingie...
 You know how you have all those stupid 'store' cards or frequent buyer cards?  All that crap won't fit in my wallet, so I put them in that little thingie.  It also holds my gift cards...because it NEVER fails that I go to those stores & I don't have them with me.
 I am very particular about my purses.  They have to have certain criteria.  Is everybody like that? I like 2 straps, outside pocket(s), inside pocket, large enough to hold my iPad & the straps have to be long enough to hold on my bended elbow OR be able to throw it over my shoulder.  I also NEVER zip my purse if it has a zipper.  I like to be able to access whatever is inside quickly.   I don't have a 'certain spot' for anything in it... it all just gets thrown in...thus the big pile of crap you saw above... 

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YES! My purses have to meet certain criteria! That's why it's hard for me to find one I really like. I hope I can find time to do this one. It's fun!

Tracey said...

Your iPad is in a purple case! Shut up!!
I love the little blue lip gloss that hasn't been opened yet...it is for "just in case"!! Ha! Fun topic :)

Hillary said...

Hilarious! I saw Ginmommy talking about this the other day and I had to jump in too! This was really fun! Hope ya'll have a great weekend and if you want to come and look at all the random crap in my purse I'm over at: http://themuellerfamilyhope.blogpot.com

xoxox

ginmommy said...

You're a nut! But I have you beat with the lip stuff. 6 in mine. Geesh.

Dan and Denise said...

I love the little card holder thing. What a great idea! I have my store cards crammed in every nook and cranny in my wallet. So annoying.