Ya'll remember how I told you the first whole.entire.room I was re-doing our spare bathroom? Well, it is really, really close to being done. And lets face it - I'm really stepping up my game in the blogging department so I wanted to tell you about it now before I have my next nervous breakdown.
This is it before.
Wow. I'm almost embarrassed to share this with you. Lucky for you I have no shame. Please note the hodge podge of stuff. Fishy themed curtain & towels & some other crap I liked thrown on the walls.
For shame, for shame.
Since our walls aren't dry wall like normal houses, we have to do about 9,423 steps before we even paint! My job was to 'clean' the walls to get the sheen off of them. B-rad left me one night, alone, to do this. He said to me, "Now-make sure you get every, single spot. If you don't, the paint won't stick! I've seen how you wash a car..." Sadly - he is correct...
So I cleaned the walls & then we had to primer them twice to cover up those damn flowers. B-rad's knowledge of me & my lack of patience prompted him to cover in plastic every.single.square.inch of the bathroom.
Nothing was left exposed - not even the floor. "Hmph, B-rad - I think I can manage NOT to get paint on the floor..." UH, yea - I totally got primer all over the floor...
So this process has been long & drawn out - like anything that happens at my house. I cleaned the walls one night.... primered them another...primered them again another...finally picked out paint on Easter (Yes, EASTER!) & painted the whole room (by myself) that night. After the hail storm Saturday night, B-rad couldn't plant Sunday so he started to put all my stuff back into the room.
See this tape measure? Who do you think this belongs to? Me or B-rad?
I find it hilarious that the boy has to use MY tools. Wanna know WHY he uses my tools? Because MY tools always get put back where they belong & shockingly he can find them.

The canvas that started it all.
Oh yea - the room is a lovely shade of blue, by the way. See the plant I made underneath? (If you ever come over & use the bathroom, this is the view you will have if you, ahem, use the potty...)

I bought new fixtures to update them from the boring woods ones I had. Yea, B-rad loved doing this.
BEFORE: Hodge podge...
AFTER: Circles & color to continue the theme from the canvas. (look at me...)
BEFORE: fishy themed towels on boring wooden rails.
(That little potpourri thing in the corner has been there since we moved in. At my bridal shower, my maid of honors mom won it & she gave it back to me for my new house. What did I tell you about me just sticking stuff I like in a spot & then that's it? Sheesh...)
AFTER: new towel rack thingie with lots of room for me to add some stuff. The tray thingie I bought to put the candles on is a bit too big for the counter.
(Luckily no one actually uses this bathroom so it should be fine there....)
I couldn't take an after pic of the shower because it's bare right now. One of the things I still need to do is get a shower curtain & rugs for the floor. At some point I also need to change the hardware on the cabinet to make it match. LOVE that brassy gold color. Blah.
4 comments:
It looks really nice! Super big change! But I want another picture when it's totally complete!!
Yes, need another picture of the shower. Love that canvas with the circles, super cute!
That looks great! Can't wait to see it when it finished! :)
I like that color of blue! Pretty! And, the canvas looks great. Hilarious that Brad is using girlie tools! I have some pink ones, too, but they are banned from the garage. ;)
Post a Comment