Sunday, January 23, 2011

Impromptu dinner

Friday night, Erin, Eric & the girls came down for a weekend visit from Ohio. And the guys (B-rad, Brian & Brady) were going skiing that night, so Lora invited us over to eat dinner & visit with everyone! She made a really yummy chicken lasagna! While eating it, B-rad looked over at me & said, "This is really good! Did you have Lora show you how to make it?!" Uhm....what do you think?! (But I really should ask her - it was super yummy!)
B-rad always enjoys playing with Rusty! And Ohio has been really hard on little Payton! Look at that shiner! Apparently her sister likes to slam her in the eye with toys!I asked Lora if there was anything I could do to help. Of course, she said, 'no'. But almost everybody else in the house had to help! Brady made tea...
Erin set the table...
even Cole got in on the tea making action. I mean-somebody has to dip & stir the teabags in the water, right?!
Brian came out with this cowboy hat. And either Payton isn't real happy about the hat...or Brian? I'm going with Brian... Cole & Madelyn playing with the home entertainment system. Yea, that looks like trouble!
Brady had a little remote control helicopter that he & B-rad were playing with. Madelyn was jumping to try & catch it.
Cole put on the cowboy hat. I told him to stand there & look mean & I'd take his picture. He can't help put smile...
2nd attempt - over-compensating & trying NOT to smile...
3rd time he got it!
Madelyn wanted to wear the hat. Just think of all the toys these kids get through the year & they wanna play with a HAT. I'm buying them hats & kitchen utensils next year!
Then Madelyn wanted ME to wear the hat. AND she wanted to take my picture. Uhm, er, ok - a 2 1/2 year old holding my camera? Gulp, gasp - ok?! Don't I look scared? I kept saying, "Don't drop my camera! Hold on tight! (& of course I had my hands on it too!)
Then COLE wanted to hold my camera & take my picture. Boy these kids are reaaaaaly making me squirm!
Then a self portrait by Cole. By this time I had given up...
This picture is funny because the guys were all getting ready to go skiing. And B-rad decided to hit Brady in his 'boy parts'. But he was afraid that Brady was going to hit him back so this is how he spent the rest of the time we were there... With his boy parts pressed against the wall so Brady couldn't get him back...
Thanks again for having us over for dinner! It's always good to visit with Erin & the girls....& of course Eric & Rusty too...

2 comments:

Lora said...

Thanks for coming! Its seems like its been forever since we all had dinner together!

Eric Erin Madelyn and Payton said...

I love the picture of Madelyn trying to catch the air plane!! Its so funny!!!