One of the members of my second family, the Gettelfingers, had a baby shower on Sunday! Robin's gonna have a baby boy (who still didn't have a name when I texted her last to chastise her about that...). I was so excited to get invited! Sadly I had a jewelry show at the exact same time.
Then, I got to thinking - the shower was in New Albany & the jewelry show was in Sellersburg only about 15 min away. So I hatched a plan....
I emailed Marcia & asked if I could come early to see everyone & bring a gift! Of course Marcia said sure so that's what I did!
They were quick to put me to work! I helped Alicia put tablecloths on all the tables & then we filled the bowls with Chex Mix. I am super sad I didn't get to stay for Chex mix or those pretzels covered in chocolate & sprinkles...sigh...
Marcia chastised me for not having my camera out, & when she speaks - I listen. Here'a pic of me & the mama to be! Robin wore a couple of pieces of Premier jewelry & they looked great on her!
Then I made Marcia pose with me. I told them, "You should feel like you're taking a pic with a celebrity!" (In my own mind, of course...) Marcia wore a purple sweater & knew I would love it. (Man, these chicks KNOW me!!!!)
I made Robin stand by the cake table. I know it's blurry, but I was excited & I know she hates posing for pics so I was trying to be quick! See the brown & white area on the left of the table? That is a tray of half cupcakes, half teddy bear cookies. All strategically & neatly placed...by me....
I didn't want to leave Alicia & Nora out! We were making faces & talking to Nora to get her to smile. She's like, "What is WRONG with these girls?!" Also notice that bow, it almost took my eye out!
Congratulations to Robin, Matt & Kaitlyn! I know you guys are getting really excited! By the way-the name was 'announced' at the shower & I wasn't there to hear it. Hmph. It's Colton Matthew. Me likes!





5 comments:
Love it!!! I am so glad you came!!
I love that you said "the bow almost took my eye out" ha! Baby girls gotta have big bows!! You're sweet for making sure you could make it, even if just for a little bit.
Aww, that was nice of you, Jaime Mac!! Stop by and help out. :) Love the decorations. And Nora is a stinkin' cutie patootie!!
LOVE the bow!! ha ha ha!! so glad you came and thanks for helping!!
Thanks for coming Jaime Mac! You know a party would NOT be the same without you!
Post a Comment