Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oh, what a weekend

I have no, I repeat NO pictures from this weekend. Yes, I am a bad blogger. Bad, bad Jaime Mac.
Here's the deal... Friday & Saturday were loooong days at my job. We have our annual 'customer appreciation' days. There's food & door prizes & basically an excuse for all our customers to descend upon our normally quite workplace this time of year. Like I said, both days are long & I am exhausted when I get home. Saturday afternoon I came home & took a nap. Surprise, surprise.
B-rad was going to have a game night with some guys from the motorcycle gang Saturday night. A couple of the guys live a good distance away & they were coming here for the game night & it was a whole production. Soooo, what's a girl to do when her hubby goes out for a game night? She goes out for a girls night with HER friends!
Shauna, Shauna's friend Jess, Rhonda, & Lora (not my sis-in-law...a motorcycle gang wife-she spells it the same though...weird, huh?!) went to eat at Tumbleweed & then on to a movie.
B-rad was having a slumber party at the game night, so we hung out at Jess' after the movie. I got home about 2 am & went to bed because I had a jewelry show today....or so I thought. Bum, bum, buuuuummmmm....
I had a chick from B-rad's work who wanted to have a show. I left her a message Friday night about making reminder calls. She never called me back. I left a message yesterday that I needed directions to her house. She never called me back. Today around 11am, I called her & said, "Uhm-it's Jaime Mac - again. I'm not really sure what's going on, but if you have decided to not have your show, please let me know." She called back & said, "Oh yes, the show is still on. I don't know if anyone is coming, but I still wanna do it." Mmmmmm kay....
So I got moving & started to get my supplies together & the car packed. B-rad was in the garage with me helping me load my model, 'Stifany', into the backseat when she called back....to cancel... B-rad was funny because he was putting Stifany in the backseat & when he heard the conversation-he made a funny face, turned around & put Stifany back in the garage. So....the one & only show on my calendar cancelled. She wants to re-schedule, but I've heard that one before....
I'm in a rut, people. I've had my happy bootie on the phone trying to drum up some business. No one will call me back. Sigh. While normally I'm ok with the rejection, it's starting to get to me. I've got nothin'...& I mean nothin' on my calendar for the jewelry biz. This is bad...very bad... I've had slow times...but never dead times. I gotta come up with something. Ya'll know me, there's not much I'm not above doing... so if anyone has any suggestions-please...feel free to let me know!
This week is gonna be a slow one...I think. (Uhm-didn't you read the above paragraph?) B-rad's been working at the barn fixing one of the tractors. Lora (my sis-in-law, this time...) go Saturday morning to have our taxes done so this week will be spent putting the final touches on all the papers we need. Wow-what fun...
We still have a couple of weeks until the office makeover, & we (B-rad) still have a lotta work to do. The room still needs to be totally emptied & the walls treated. Sigh. I am excited, though, about my jewelry sistas coming over for the makeover. I know it will be a fun day even though we'll be painting!
I think that's it...for now. I don't know when we'll do something interesting enough for you to hear from me again? Please-check in on me often... just to be sure I haven't eaten myself to death with chocolate...

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That stinks about the show! I hate that for you. I know how you feel about getting in a rut! Spring is just around the corner so maybe people will get moving then. You are great at what you do so I know it won't last long!! Hang in there!!

ginmommy said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time :-( The most important thing is to never.ever.give up. You might go through a dead time, but it'll come around. Oh, and I can think of no other way I would like to die, than by a chocolate overdose. ;)

Tracey said...

Death by chocolate.....Mmmmm....
Hang in there!!! You are a great jewelry lady and maybe once the weather breaks (for good!) people will be in a "show" mood!! Ruts stink, tho!!!